How to Register
We recommend (and prefer) that all families register through our online registration system (Active), which includes waivers and detailed information that is required for program participation. If you need to register by phone, you will need to complete and return this paperwork before the program start date. In order to register by phone, you must email email@example.com to schedule a phone registration appointment.
Class & Tuition Selection
- In Active, select the Tuition Tier at which you would like to register for the class, and then select “Add to Cart.”
- Continue to select Tuition Tiers and “Add to Cart” for all classes for which you are registering. In one cart, you can process registrations for several classes and/or children in the same transaction.
- Once all classes are in your cart, select “Continue” in your Shopping Cart (which is to the far right of your screen).
Account Login & Registration Forms
- Enter your email address. If you already have an Active account with BAX from a School Breaks Registration or previous BAX Virtual Class, please use the same email address. If this is your first time using Active registration, enter the email address you would like to have associated with your online account.
- You will then be prompted to enter your account password, or set up an account password if you are creating a new account.
- For each class, you will be prompted to select the participant from a dropdown menu. If the name of the child you wish to register is not listed, select “Register a New Person” and enter their name, date of birth, and grade for the 2020/2021 School Year.
- For each individual child, you will then be prompted to complete a registration form which includes demographic information and a photo/media release form. Active will save your answers to these questions and for subsequent registrations, you will be prompted to review the information to see if anything needs to be updated.
- Next, you will fill out contact information for at least one parent/guardian.
- You will then be prompted to review and sign off on three waivers: an Active Agreement and Waiver, a BAX General Release Form and Waiver, and BAX’s Payment & Refund Policies.
Review Cart & Checkout
- Review your order details including tuition tier selections and any discounts. Registration and Processing fees will automatically apply to your cart (see details below).
- Select your Payment Options. You can choose to pay in full or enroll in a payment plan.
- Should you enroll in a payment plan, you will be automatically billed on the dates listed.
- Enter your Credit Card or Echeck information and confirm your billing address.
- Select “COMPLETE” to finalize your registration.
- You will then receive an email confirmation and receipt via email.
Youth Class Policies
Youth Classes - Tiered Tuition
BAX is committed to offering high-quality and accessible arts programs for all. As such, each term’s tuition is priced at three tiers, which includes sliding scale tuition of up to approx. 40% subsidy so that each family can assess the tuition price that works best for their household. This is based on an honor system of your-expressed-need (we do not require financial documentation). By paying what you are able, you help us better meet the needs of other families. Registration is taken on a first come, first serve basis, and half of the tuition must be received to secure a spot.
Full class prices are calculated as:
Price Per Session x Number of Sessions in the term
|Class Type||Price Per Session|
|Dance and Drama (up to 1 hour)||
Tier One (Full Price) – $25
Tier Two – $20
Tier Three – $15
|Tumbling and Move & Groove (up to 1 hour)||
Tier One (Full Price) – $27
Tier Two – $22
Tier Three – $17
|Dance (1.25 hours)||
Tier One (Full Price) – $25.50
Tier Two – $20.50
Tier Three – $15.50
|Tumbling (1.25 hours)||
Tier One (Full Price) – $27.50
Tier Two – $22.50
Tier Three – $17.50
|Dance (1.5 hours)||
Tier One (Full Price) – $26
Tier Two – $21
Tier Three – $16
|Tumbling (1.5 hours)||
Tier One (Full Price) – $28
Tier Two – $22
Tier Three – $18
Youth Classes - Fees & Discounts (Fall 2021)
Non-Refundable Registration Fee: Each family will be charged a non-refundable $15 per term registration fee. This fee is a flat rate, no matter how many classes or students the family enrolls in that term, and covers the costs BAX incurs while providing online registration (vendor and processing fees, etc.).
Early Bird Discount: Families who register before July 31st will receive 5% off their registration when they enter the code BAX-EARLY at check out.
Family Value Discount (Multi-Person): Families who register another sibling in the same term or register their child for a second class receive 5% off. This discount will be applied to the lowest cost class.
Park Slope Parents Discount: Families with Park Slope Parents receive 5% off class tuition. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your PSP Member number to receive the discount code. Visit Park Slope Parents Perks website for details.
Youth Classes - Payments & Policies (Fall 2021)
Payment Policy: Families enrolling in full term classes will have the option of paying in full at the time of registration or paying a deposit of 50% and enrolling in a payment plan that will be autobilled. Payment deadlines are listed below:
- Deposit + 1 installment (due 10/15/2021)
- Deposit + 2 installments (due 10/15/2021 and 11/15/2021)
Trials: Free trials are available during the first three weeks of the term, provided space is available in the class. If the child is then enrolled in the class, the cost of the trial is rolled into the cost of the class. To sign up for a free trial, email email@example.com or call BAX’s Front Desk at 718-832-0018.
Make Up Classes: Families can participate in up to 3 make up classes per term. To schedule a make up class, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inclement Weather/Snow Days: In-person classes may be cancelled due to severe weather conditions. An email will be sent with notification. You may also call BAX at 718-832-0018 for updates. BAX Education Department will attempt to communicate any unexpected schedule changes with as much advance notice as possible.
Missed classes due to weather will not be rescheduled. However, families can arrange to take a make-up class during the term in an equivalent, age appropriate class (space permitting). This request must be pre-approved.
Refund Policy: Cancellations that occur before the 5th week of class will receive a prorated refund, provided 48 hours notice is given before that week’s class. After the 5th week of the term (10/16/2021), refunds will not be issued. If circumstances require a family to drop a class after the 5th week, a prorated credit for future programming will be issued. Registration Fee is non-refundable.
Prorated Tuition: Provided space is available in the class, prorated tuition may be available to families joining later than 5 weeks into the term (10/16/21). To inquire about joining a class after the term has begun, please email email@example.com.
Adult/Teen & Family Class Policies
Adult/Teen & Family Classes - Payments & Policies
Drop In Classes: Payment is due in full at the time of registration.
- Cancellations more than 2 weeks in advance of the class will be accepted and refunds/credits can be issued.
- Cancellations with less than 3 days notice may not be eligible for refunds.
School Breaks Policies
Summer Arts Program - Tiered Tuition & Payment Plans
Tuition and Fees
|Tuition Tier||Price per Week|
|Tier One (Full Price)||$650 per week|
|Tier Two||$575 per week|
|Tier Three||$500 per week|
The above tiered pricing is based on an honor system of your-expressed-need (we do not require financial documentation). By paying what you are able, you help us better meet the needs of other families. Registration is taken on a first come, first serve basis, and half of the tuition must be received to secure a spot. Installment plans are available, and you can elect to enroll in one during online registration.
At this time, we do not have financial assistance available beyond the tiered pricing listed above. You are welcome to submit a request for additional financial assistance which we will take under consideration if our capacity changes and we are able to extend greater aid. To make a request, please fill out a request form online HERE. Please note that submission of a request form does not guarantee an offer of additional financial assistance.
|One Payment||100% Payment at time of registration|
|Two Payments||50% Deposit + 1 installment (Due May 31, 2021)|
|Three Payments||50% Deposit + 2 installments (Due May 1, and June 1, 2021)|
|Four Payments||50% Deposit + 3 installment (Due May 1, June 1, and July 1, 2021)|
Summer Arts Program - Fees & Policies
Active Processing Fee: Registrations through Active, our online registration system, include a non-refundable per registration processing fee of $2.50 (for registrations less than $125) or $5.95 (for registrations $125 and above). Credit Card processing fees are paid by BAX and we encourage you to use e-checks when possible as they incur lower fees.
Registration is taken on a first come, first serve basis. Half of the tuition must be received as a deposit to secure a spot. All Installment plans available online require a credit card to be enrolled in auto-billing through Active, and tuition must be paid in full before the start of each program week.
On or before Monday, May 31, 2021 cancellations will be accepted minus a flat $50 cancellation fee. In the event that the customer decides to cancel a session beginning on Tuesday, June 1, 2021 and until two weeks prior to the start of that session, 50% of tuition will be forfeited as a cancellation fee. Cancellations by the customer on or after two weeks prior to the start of the session are not eligible for a refund or credit.
Should the program be cancelled by BAX due to COVID-19 complications, all tuition paid will be converted to a credit which can be redeemed for any future BAX program.
There is a $25/per week charge for switching one week for another, provided BAX receives at least two weeks notice and space is available. With less than two weeks notice, changes will be treated as a cancellation (see above).